In this article you will learn how to reset the following browsers;
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
The Google Chrome Browser has the option to reset itself back to default settings. This option will be found by clicking the 3 vertical dots in the top right hand corner of the Chrome Browser.
- First, click ‘Settings’ from the dropdown menu.
- Next, type ‘Reset‘ in the top search bar to retrieve the results like shown in the image below.
- Finally, click the arrow on the right hand side and confirm the ‘Reset’ from the popup dialog.
You have now successfully reset your Google Chrome Browser
Just like Google Chrome, Firefox also allows you to reset the browser back to its default state. This can be done by clicking the 3 horizontal lines in the upper-right corner of the browser.
- First, click the ‘Help‘ option at the bottom of the drop down list like shown in the image below.
- Next, you will want to click the ‘Troubleshooting Information‘ option from the next screen.
- Finally, you will want to click the ‘Refresh Firefox‘ on the right hand side of the last screen, as shown in the image below.
To reset the Microsoft Edge browser, click the 3 horizontal dots in the top right hand corner of the browser followed by clicking on ‘Settings’ at the bottom of the dropdown menu.
Next, you will want to scroll down until you see ‘Clear browsing data’ and click on the ‘Choose what to clear’ button like shown below.
Finally, check all the boxes and and click ‘Clear’.