Have a BigCommerce site and want to use Hello Bar? Great news! It's a really to install Hello Bar on your site.
Grab your Hello Bar installation script by logging into your Hello Bar account and then selecting "Installation Instructions" from the menu on the upper right corner of the screen.
Then, select the "I can install the code myself" option from the Installation Instructions page and then copy that code:
Log in to your BigCommerce dashboard and navigate to "STOREFRONT" and then "SCRIPT MANAGER". It should look something like this:
Press the "Create Script" button in the upper right corner.
- Enter "Hello Bar" in the "Name of Script" field
- Leave "Description" blank
- Choose "Footer" for "Location on Page"
- For "Select Pages where script will be added", you can choose "All Pages" if you want your Hello Bar popups to appear on any page on your site (this will allow you to use the targeting feature inside of Hello Bar). Or you can choose any of the other options like "Store Pages" or "Checkout" if you're only planning to use Hello Bar on those pages. It's totally up to you.
- For "Script Type", choose "Script". This one is important!
- Paste the script that you had previously copied from your Hello Bar dashboard into the last field on this page, which is called "Script Contents"
When you're done, it should look like this:
Press the "SAVE" button on the bottom right corner of the "Create Script" page:
Clear your browser's cache or view your BigCommerce site in an Incognito (aka private browsing) tab to view your Hello Bar popups!