If you are on a Hello Bar paid plan (Growth, Pro, or Elite), you will be able to use our custom targeting feature to decide exactly which device(s) your pop-up shows on. It is super simple!
Here's how to target based on device type:
- Go to the Targeting section of the builder and click on the green text that says "Create new custom targeting rule".
After clicking this, a new modal will appear, where you will be able to create a new targeting rule.
- On this modal, click the blue plus sign button
- Next, select "Device" from the drop down menu of the first field
- Now, you will be able to select "is", or "is not" – this will let you exclude a specific device type, or require a certain device type to see this pop-up
- Next, select either "Mobile", "Computer", or "Tablet"
- After that, you will just name your new targeting rule and click the green "Save" button at the bottom of the modal
Example: here is how to set your pop-up to appear only on a single device, in this case, Mobile.
If you wanted to instead display your pop-up on multiple devices, but exclude a certain device, here is how you would do that. Let's use the example of a pop-up that you prefer to show on tablet and mobile, but not on a desktop computer: