A bar can be set to show on a specific page/s by using the Targeting option.
Creating your Targeting Rule:
- First you will want to navigate to the Targeting area in the Edit screen and select Create new customer targeting rule
- This will present you with a Targeting window, within that popup you will want to adjust your rules so it targets a user who is arriving from a certain Previous Page URL.
- Click on the blue + (plus) button to add a new condition
- Select URL Path from the first drop down
- Choose a URL Path option(is, is not, includes or does not include)
- Enter the URL Path ONLY in the space provided (See example below)
- Enter a Name for the target and Save
The bars that use this targeting option will only be displayed on the specific page or multiple pages, depending on what option you used (is, is not, includes or does not include)
In this example we will target a bar for a specific page on your site. The url for page we will use is http://www.hellobar.com/use-cases.
- Start by adding a new condition and select “URL Path” as the Segment type.
- Next, select “IS” as the Rule option.
- Enter the URL Path in the Value field.
The bar for this Target will be displayed if visitors visit http://www.hellobar.com/use-cases