You can easily set your pop-up to only display at a certain time, or between certain times, using Hello Bar!
- Go to the Targeting section of the builder and click on the green text that says "Create new custom targeting rule".
After clicking this, a new modal will appear, where you will be able to create a new targeting rule.
- On this modal, click the blue plus sign button
- Next, select "Time" from the drop down menu of the first field
- Then, you will have the option to set your pop-ups to appear before or after a certain time
- When you enter the time of day that you would like your pop-up to display before or after, these times will display in military time. That means that 2:00pm will be shown as 14:00, and so on
- After inserting the time that you would prefer, please specify which timezone you would like your pop-up's timing to be based upon. Or, you can select "Use visitor's timezone" if you would prefer
- Now, you will just name your timing rule, then click the green "Save" button on the modal.
- To ensure your changes save, be sure to click the green "Save & Publish" button at the top right of the builder once you have completed your pop-up!
Here is an example of what your targeting rules should look like if you are setting your pop-up to appear before a certain time – let's say we are scheduling this to show before 3pm PST:
Here is what it would look like if you were setting your pop-up to appear after a certain time, for example after 11am in the visitor's timezone:
If you were conducting a flash sale where you wanted to only show the pop-up between certain times, you would do so by following these steps to combine these targeting rules:
- Follow the steps above to create your first timing rule. For this one, you will want to create the rule as "Time is after ____" (insert the time and time zone you would prefer)
- Now, click the blue plus sign button to the right of this rule. A second field will appear below the first one
- In the new targeting field that appears, adjust it to read "Time is before ____" and insert the time, as well as the correct time zone)
- Now, name your rule and click the green "Save" button on the modal, then click "Save & Publish" in the top right corner of the builder
Here is an example of how to set your timing for a certain window of time. Let's pretend you are trying to target your pop-up to appear only between 8am and 8pm PST:
If, on the other hand, you wanted to set your pop-up to only display outside of a certain window of time – for example, you only want it to show before 8am and after 8pm, you would set it up as follows: